Couscous Salad with fresh pesto
Preparation and cooking Time: 15 min
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 cups dry couscous
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup Principe di Gerace organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 large diced tomatoes,
- 30g. mozarella cheese, cubed
For fresh pesto sauce:
- 50g fresh basil
- 1 cup Principe di Gerace organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Principe di Gerace garlic flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- a handful of nuts (pine nuts, almonds or nuts)
Mix the water, olive oil, and salt into a large pot. Bring to boil and add couscous to boiling water. Remove from heat immediately and let couscous stand for some minutes (five or six)
Fluff the couscous with a fork, breaking up any large lumps. Carry out this operation gently.
Prepare the pesto sauce putting together all the ingredients in a mixer.
Stir pesto sauce into couscous; distribute gently. Let couscous cool for one hour.
Add diced tomatoes and cubed mozzarella cheese to couscous/pesto mixture.