Focaccia with olives
Preparation and cooking Time: 2hours
Ingredients for 4 people
- 600g whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Principe di Gerace organic Extra virgin olive oil
- 1\2 cup Principe di Gerace organic rosemary flavored extra virgin oil olive oil
- 1\2 cup Principe di Gerace organic oregano flavored extra virgin oil olive oil
- 300g Principe di Gerace organic black or green olives
- 25g baking powder
- sea salt
- a handful of fresh chopped rosemary
- a handful of coarse salt
Melt the yeast in a glass with warm water and leave for about 10 minutes.
In the meanwhile weigh the flour and place it in the mixer or in a bowl, add the yeast, the Extra virgin olive oil, the rosemary flavored extra virgin olive oil, the salt and mix adding enough water to get a consistency like the dough for pizza. Prepare a baking tin with extra virgin olive oil and roll out the dough with your fingers.
When the dough is totally flatten on the tin, top with the oregano flavored extra virgin oil olive oiloil, the fresh chopped rosemary and the coarse salt. Top with the olives (3 cm distance)on the whole surface. Let rince in a warm place for at least one hour.
When nearly ready preheat the oven at 300° and bake until the surface has a golden colour.
Tips: adding a teaspoon of brown sugar to the yeast will accelerate the rising process.